Q.No.1Explain the nature and scope of Jurisprudence.
The study of Jurisprudence started with Romans. The Latin equivalent of “Jurisprudence” is Jurisprudentia which means either (“Knowledge of law or Skill in law”).
1. It studies the Meaning of the term “rights” and various kinds of rights which are theory possible under a legal system.
2. It is not generally used in other languages in the English sense.
3. In French, it refers to something like “case law” it an analysis of the formal structure of law and its concepts.
(Examination / studies) Limits / Boundaries
4. It is confined only to law touching every aspect of law and study of fundamental legal principles. “Juris” means law (legal) and prudentia” means skill or knowledge.
5. It includes the philosophical, historical and sociological basis and an analysis of legal concepts.
6. In France, it is called ‘____ philosophia du droit”, (that is the philosophy of Rights).
7. In Germany, it is called ‘Rechtsphilosophie’ (that is the philosophy of Rights), that is of law in the abstract sense.
8. An India (NidhiShostra) that is knowledge of law.
According to ULPIAN Definition:- “Jurisprudence is the knowledge of things divine and human, the science of the just and unjust”.
PAULUS : Defines, “It is the law and the law is not to be deduced from the rule but the rule from the law”.
AUSTIN : It is a